Are These Items in Your Closet?
As a personal shopper and fashion consultant, I love helping women, and men, find their personal style while creating the perfect wardrobe. Below are a few items that I think every woman should have in her closet.
1. Dark denim “skinny” jeans – Skinny doesn’t necessarily mean skin tight…choose skinny jeans that skim your curves, not suck them in. There is a skinny jean for every body type! I promise.
2. Floor grazing boot cut or flare leg jeans – These jeans should just barely touch the floor. They will lengthen your leg and immediately add a bit of interest to any outfit.
3. A colored denim – Colored denim is here to stay so go ahead and splurge on a pair! I suggest a color that would mix and match easily into your current wardrobe. Red? Royal Blue? Green?
4. A black blazer – Find one that is lined so you’ll be able to roll the sleeves up, if you wish. A black blazer will flow from one season to the next seamlessly.
5. A LBD – You knew I would say that! Choose one that can take you from day to night easily and isn’t boring.
6. The perfect camisole – When you find the perfect camisole, I suggest buying one in black, white, cream, and a fun color! The perfect camisole is one that isn’t ribbed and is a bit on the long side.
7. The maxi dress or skirt – I typically suggest a dress over a skirt, but some women prefer skirts, so either will work. A maxi dress is just easier, in my opinion, since you can throw it on and go! One thing I’ve realized with maxi dresses is that a minimal amount of jewelry is needed.
8. A tunic – Just as jeans, there is a tunic for every body type and style. Tunics are great layering pieces and can be belted, tucked, untucked, half-tucked, etc. They are extremely versatile and can be worn in all occasions!
9. A neutral cardigan – A cardigan can immediately change the look and feel of an outfit, not to mention they can keep you warm during the cooler months or when the air conditioning is too much for you during the summer months. I definitely recommend a “boyfriend” cardigan over a cropped one and a color other than white!
10. A button-up – Blah. I’m not all for the plain white button-up, so boring. Choose a fun color or pattern that will mix easily into your existing wardrobe.
So…are these items in your closet? If not, then you have an excuse to go shopping! 🙂
Thanks for stopping by!