Shop Like a Pro!!
The next best thing to having your own stylist, like me, is to learn how to shop like one. So I’m going to share some of my shopping secrets with you. 🙂
1. Get on the “in” with boutique and store clerks. They can alert you to when your size and style item arrives! Better yet, check in with them seasonally to let them know what you need/want to add to your wardrobe so they will not contact you otherwise.
2. Don’t get sucked in by the word “sale”! To tell you the truth, stylists typically skip sale sections because they are so difficult to navigate through. Plus, there is a higher frequency of defective clothing on a sales rack. Skipping the sale section also prevents over-buying.
3. Know how to spot well-made items. There are tell-tale signs that an item is well-made or not. Look for loose threads and buttons, unraveling hardware, uneven stitching, etc. You want to look like you spent a fortune on your wardrobe even if you didn’t!
4. Go prepared. If shopping with a friend distracts you, go alone. Make a list of items you need so you will not be tempted to splurge on something you don’t need. Wear shoes that are comfortable for the occasion. Etc.
5. Online shopping can be rewarding and less expensive sometimes! A lot of websites feature coupon codes along with free shipping and returns. Plus, you will most definitely have a larger selection of items to choose from. Another great thing about online shopping is that you can try the items on in the comfort of your own home instead of in a dressing room!
These are just a few tips to get you started this season. I am actually planning on giving A LOT of tips on how to spot well-made clothing in my upcoming newsletter, so if you haven’t signed up for it yet, please go to www.panachebyerin.com to sign up!
Thank you for reading!