I don’t know about you, but I really dislike feeling, and being, short. 😦 At 5’5″, I am a little above the “petite” stage, but I still feel short. However, I know how to play up my “short”comings and make my stature appear taller. As a fashion and image consultant, I have also taught other women, and men, a few trick for looking taller. Check them out below.
Tricks for Looking Taller
1. Wear nude shoes with bare legs. The nude shoes will make your legs look like they go on forever by mimicking one long fluid line. A similar theory applies when you are wearing pants, too. Always match your shoes to your pants, to maximize the appearance of length. For instance, if you are wearing black pants, wear black shoes.
2. V-necks are your friend. The V makes the eye move up and down instead of side to side, thus creating the illusion of height.
3. Long necklaces can take the place of the v-neck. The same theory applies to long necklaces as with v-necks. The length of the necklace will make the eyes move up and down instead of side to side.
4. Pinstripes and vertical stripes also create the illusion of height. To get the same effect from a solid bottom, make sure you iron that crease into the center of the front part of your pants or jeans.
5. Monochromatic colors create one fluid line for the eye, instead of breaking it into smaller, chunkier pieces.
Although it may be tempting to work ALL of these tricks into one outfit, only choose one. It will do the trick perfectly.
Today, for instance, I decided to go for the v-neck silhouette!
If you would like to keep up with my daily outfits, please go to www.denimeveryday.wordpress.com.
Thanks for stopping in!!