Six Ways to Help Your Community Toward No Kill
To all of you new subscribers and those of you who don’t know me very well…yet, I am a completely avid animal lover! Right down to being vegetarian and having a local non-profit that helps save countless animals from euthanasia, so I make it a priority to include articles about pets in my blog. I hope a few of you out there are animal lovers, too.
I’m sure your community, just as mine, has an unbelievable amount of animals that are euthanized on a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. The numbers in my area are so inflated that it’s hard for me to sleep at night sometimes. 😦 But I am doing whatever I can to help remedy that and maybe…one day…I’ll have the pleasure of living in a no-kill community. Until that day, though, EVERY community with a pet overpopulation problem needs our help. This is what you can do:
- Spay and neuter your pets!
- Adopt a pet from your local high-kill shelter instead of buying one!
- Foster a needy pet! Open your heart and your home and save a life.
- Help raise awareness by finding out the facts about how many animals are euthanized each year at your local shelter. TELL EVERYONE you come in contact with.
- Support your local pet non-profits.
- Volunteer at your local shelter! Make life better for that one animal for at least a day by taking it for a walk, giving it hugs and kisses, etc. It will thank you, I promise.
Do you have any other ideas of how we can help our communities become no-kill? I would love to hear them!