Do You Have a Healthy Body Image?
Having a healthy body image is key to your happiness, as well as, your health, so let’s see if what you THINK you see in the mirror is actually the truth.
Questions to ask yourself:
1. When someone compliments you do you accept the compliment with graciousness?
2. Do you wear clothing that fits or is it usually too big?
3. Is it easy for you to choose an outfit or is it a struggle every morning?
4. Do you always compare yourself to others?
5. Can you admire someone else’s physique without judging your own?
6. Can you look in the mirror without constantly nitpicking yourself?
7. Do you know your best feature?
If the answer to most of these questions is negative or no, then you most likely have a negative body image. That’s no good!! 😦
So, what can you do to improve your body/self-image? Follow my tips below and you’ll be on your way to a happier AND healthier you.
- Healthy and beautiful bodies come in ALL shapes and sizes!!
- Healthy eating and exercise can improve your overall health, as well as, your skin, hair, and nails. All of which will improve your self-image.
- Getting enough rest works wonders for anyone and everyone!
- Figure out what clothing fits and looks good on your body type! Dress for the body you have, not the body you want or the body you want to hide. You may need to employ an image consultant for this. (I would be happy to help!)
- If the scale depresses you, stay away from it! Go by the way you feel and the way your clothes fit!! Not a number!
- Try thinking optimistically before looking in the mirror. For instance, think that your hair is going to look great and it will!!!
- Above all…NOONE is perfect!! When that little voice of dread comes up, tell her that. 🙂
We all go through down days and times, it’s all about picking ourselves up by the boot straps and loving ourselves for who we are.