Tipping Guidelines for the Bride
As if there isn’t enough a bride has to worry about, she also has to think about tipping the wedding vendors, too. As a Certified Wedding Coordinator, one of the most frequent topics I’m asked about is tipping so I thought I would clear it right up! I hope it helps! Please never hesitate to let me know if you have any questions! My information will be below!
• Civil ceremony officials – $50 – $75, more if travel involved
• Minister, priest, rabbi – Minimum of $100, more if travel involved.
• Coat check – 50 cents per guest (although there are rarely coat checks in North Louisiana)
• Limo driver – 15% of the total fare. *Note: Make sure the tip is not included already in the bill.
• Valets – $1.00-$1.50 per car (Again, rare in our area)
• Florists – Only necessary when service is beyond expectations, up to 15%
• Photographers, Videographers, Florists, and Wedding Coordinators – Only necessary when service is beyond expectations, up to 15%
• Bakers – Only necessary when service is beyond expectations, up to 15%
• Reception Musicians – Only necessary when service is beyond expectations, up to 15%
• Wait Staff – $15-$25 per waiter. (If not included in your catering contract)
• Wedding organist, musician or soloist – First check whether or not the gratuity is included in the rental of the church. If not, $50 per person or $75 per person for close friends
• Hairstylist, Makeup Artist, Etc. – 15%-20%
Please feel free to share this blog! 🙂