Etiquette at the Movies
I remember a time when my husband and I went to the movies hoping to enjoy our date night but some of the teenagers that were there had other plans for us. This movie night was really the first time I noticed how utterly selfish most people, adults included, so I thought it may be a good time to refresh your movie-going manners. 🙂
1. Dress appropriately. Even though going to the movies is a casual event you should still dress appropriately. Refrain from wearing anything too revealing or short!
2. When entering a row of seats to find your place, please ALWAYS say “excuse me” and “thank you” to those you have to cross over.
3. Keep talking to a minimum! Especially after the movie starts!
4. Turn off your cell phones. Or at least silence the ringers and leave it in your purse or pocket.
5. Never throw popcorn or candy. Even if you are aiming at your classmates or friends.
6. Open all of your packaging before the movie begins so you will not disturb others.
7. If you need to blow your nose or release other bodily functions, please, please excuse yourself to the bathroom.
8. When the movie ends wait your turn. You don’t have to jump over seats or push and shove to get out the door.
9. Finally, hold the theater doors for those people who are following behind you.
So, please share. Have you had any of the above happen to you while attending a movie? I have had ALL of the above happen in that ONE PG-13 movie we went to a while back!