As a fairly new salon owner AND seasoned etiquette trainer, I thought it would be fun, and beneficial of course, to discuss a little salon etiquette with you.
As with any other situation, a visit to the salon comes with a few rules that will make your appointment better for everyone involved.
So let’s test your salon etiquette! Below are a few rules that you should follow:
1. Be on time! This is the number one rule!! If you are late you will most likely make your service provider late for his or her other clients, which in turn makes him look bad and could cause him to lose clients. If you are going to be more than 10 to 15 minutes late, call to reschedule.
2. Cancel ahead of time! If you have to cancel an appointment please give at least 24 hours notice.
3. Don’t pass germs. If you are sick – coughing, hacking, or anything else that may be disturbing to others or contagious – please reschedule.
4. Leave work for a better time. It’s ok to work, read, text, etc. while processing or waiting on your stylist, but never do it while in the chair or on the massage table, for instance.
5. Leave your children at home. Truthfully, a salon visit should be an enjoyable time so make it relaxing for everyone, including yourself. You certainly can’t relax if you have to keep an eye on your children.
6. Tips are welcome. Especially if your service provider did an exceptional job! 10% of the final bill is the typical tip, but feel free to leave more if your service provider is worthy.
So…how good is YOUR salon etiquette?