Does Fashion Intimidate You?
I often run into clients who give up on style because, well…they are intimidated by it. Do you fall into that category? Here are some of the reasons you may be allowing fashion to get the best of you:
- You are uncomfortable with your body. Let me GUARANTEE you that there ARE clothes that will fit your body NOW. No matter how big or small you are. The trick is to out-smart your body and know how to work with it…not against it.
- You think you don’t have time to bother with looking good. True…it may take a little extra time to look better than usual at times, but it is WAY worth it. Trust me. A positive image will do more for your social and business life than anything else.
- You can’t figure “style” out. Hire a fashion consultant to help you, or enlist a friend to go shopping with you. You just need someone who will be completely truthful with you. It is also a good idea to figure out your body type and do a little research on what looks good on that type.
- You think that it takes money to look good. Yeah, you COULD buy the most expensive clothing out there but that doesn’t mean you’ll look good. There are good clothes at normal and inexpensive stores like Dillards, Target, and TJ Maxx. You don’t have to spend a lot to look like you’ve spent a lot.
- You are comfortable in casual. Casual may be comfortable, but it doesn’t fit into every social and business situation. You have to know when casual is appropriate and when it’s not. You should also know that if something fits correctly and looks good, it, too, will be comfortable.
Hopefully, I’ve covered all the usual excuses, but if you have one I didn’t cover, please let me know!