The Latest and Greatest Accessory = Your Fingernails!!
Have you noticed an increase in the amount of attention women (of all ages) are giving to their fingernails? I have and I must say that I am loving it! I have ALWAYS been obsessed with my nails, so the fact that a lot of other women are jumping on the bandwagon makes me completely happy.
I remember the days when I was a french manicure-aholic…I would never dream of replacing the bright white tip for a colored nail! Heaven forbid! LOL! Happily, those days are past and I have a highly rotated color wheel of nail polishes that I enjoy. I have even been known to sport OPI’s new “black shatter”! Love it!
So, how can you incorporate your fingernails into your wardrobe as an accessory? Check out my tips below:
1. Upkeep! Be sure to give yourself or get a manicure at least once a month. I give myself a manicure once a week, but would never suggest you go longer than a month. A typical manicure should include shaping, buffing, cuticle removal, moisturizer, and polishing.
2. Don’t be afraid to try something new! If you don’t like it, sanity is only a swipe away!!
3. Try not to go overboard. Although I LOVE long fingernails (I even used to sport them myself), the fun colors, designs, etc. that are popular right now look better on shorter nails. I have shortened my nails to about 1/4 inch from my nail bed.
4. You don’t have to be matchy, matchy. But you can if you want to! A lot of stylists and designers balk at the thought of matching your fingers and toes still, but I think it sort of ties things together a bit more. I like to set my own rules…not abide by ALL of them! 🙂 So you will forever see me in matching fingers and toes!
5. Choose the right color for your skin tone. I am going to follow-up this post with an entire post about matching color and your skin tone, but in the meantime do a little research of your own. 🙂 Stay tuned for my advice, though!
So…what do you think? Are you going to try out the latest and greatest accessory or has it already been a staple in your wardrobe?