photo courtesy of buzzworthymedia.wordpress.com
Dealing with Mounds of Mail
Are your countertops covered in mail? What about your desk?
It seems that our mailboxes have become breeding grounds for catalogs, sweepstakes, credit card invitations, and more!! It’s no wonder we are being buried alive! Don’t worry, though! I have some tips to get your countertops and desks back! Check them out below:
1. Maintain a simple filing system. The simpler it is the more likely you are to adhere to it.
2. Establish a mail station. Mine is right inside my front door! I walk inside with the mail and begin sorting immediately.
3. Recycle all junk mail without opening it. You’ll be able to tell what’s important and what’s not.
4. Only retain papers that are necessary. For instance, taxes and personal documents should be kept in a fire resistant cabinet. If you can easily obtain it in other ways, shred it!
5. Be sure to shred all documents that have personal information on it!
6. Finally, take your name off of junk mail lists by going to DMA Consumers.
*NOTE: Always go through your mail immediately upon entering your home. I can’t stress the importance of this enough.