5 Steps to Aceing Professional Situations
No matter if you are a stay-at-home Mom or a top-level executive, you will run into situations where acting professionally is a must. Below are my tips for aceing those situations.
1. Make a powerful first impression! You know the saying – “It takes seven seconds to make a first impression.” Make sure you are dressed appropriately, that you smile and extend your hand for a handshake, and that you make direct eye contact.
2. Communicate efficiently and effectively. Use correct English and always be as clear and concise as possible.
3. Communication also involves technology. To navigate your way throughout the professional world you must be familiar with technology. Make sure you have email, a fax machine, and voice mail. Also, don’t discount social networking!
4. Get yourself out of a bad situation with grace and ease. Knowing and displaying proper etiquette can get you out of almost every sticky situation. Stay up-to-date on the latest etiquette rules.
5. Develop your social skills. Like it or not, to succeed in business you must get out and navigate through social situations. The more you do it, the easier it gets.
I recently read a book that suggested we need to do something that scares us every day in order to grow. I am challenging myself to find do it! Who’s with me?