Sometimes organizing an office space seems like a daunting task because of the piles of paper and the extreme amount of information most offices hold, but there are a few quick things you can do that will make a huge difference immediately!
1. Remove all of the post-its from around the office (computer screen, etc.) and then do whatever needs to be done! Most post-its are used as reminders of something you need to do..so stop procrastinating and do it!
2. Organize your pens and pencils. Test all of them and discard those that don’t work!
3. Clean out your inbox…completely! Don’t leave any papers in your inbox. Go ahead and file, trash, and respond to anything in that box.
4. Remove any items that don’t belong in your office – like toys, dirty dishes, etc.
5. Give your desk a good clean-up by wiping it down with a disinfecting cleaner.
You will be amazed at what little effort it takes to do the tasks above!
Erin Sharplin Love