Sometimes organizing shelves can be an extremely daunting task. Whether you are organizing your kitchen shelves or your book shelves, there are several ways to make the most of the space you have. Read below for my tips:
- Vary the way you set books on the shelf. Have some sitting with the spine facing vertically and some with the spine facing horizontally. Not only does it look better, you will also be able to fit more books!
- Break up the monotony of the books with items like vases and pictures. Even bookshelves need decoration!
- If you have a lot of not so great looking paper back books, you can find a pretty square basket to store them in instead of having them disrupt the flow of your shelves
- Organize your shelves in a way that best corresponds to the layout of your kitchen. For instance, place your mixing bowls near a work space, etc.
- Utilize all of your vertical space. You may need to purchase shelf extenders for things like plates, etc.
- Organize stemware by alternating one glass stem up, one glass stem down. You may gain enough space for an extra glass.
- It’s ok to nest pots inside of each other. Then store the lids in a lid organizer!
- Get rid of all boxes. It is much more pleasing to the eye to take items that are individually packaged out of their boxes and place them in cubby holes or in bins or baskets. It saves room and you’ll be able to see when you are almost out of an item, too!
- Utilize your vertical space in the pantry as well!
- Put items such as sugar, tea, beans, coffee, in clear air-tight containers.
- Make a shelf just for the kids. That way they know right where to go for their afternoon snacks, etc.
I hope these tips have helped you! Feel free to add your own tips to this list as well.
Erin Sharplin Love