The Ten Commandments of Computer Etiquette
1. Thou shall not use a computer to harm others.
2. Thou shall not use the computer to spy on others.
3. Thou shall not use the computer to steal money from others.
4. Thou shall not use the computer to steal information from others.
5. Thou shall not use a false existence on the computer.
6. Thou shall not knowingly send a virus to others.
7. Thou shall not send unsolicited e-mail to others.
8. Thou shall not take advantage of bad situations that may arise.
9. Thou shall not misuse any instant messaging program.
10. Thou shall show respect for others while on the computer.
I recently read an Emily Post article about the fact that the computer seems to be making people forget proper manners. I agree with Ms. Post and that is why I decided to post my “Ten Commandments for Computer Etiquette.”
If I left something out, please don’t hesitate to let me know.
Erin Sharplin Love