Is it just me or does it seem that the laundry room always manages to turn in to a dumping ground? For instance, there is always several pairs of unmatched socks laying around and receipts that came from my husband’s pockets. I had to gain some order in the space so I made some manageable solutions.
1. Place a piggy bank on a shelf in the laundry room. That way when you clean out your husband’s pockets you will have a place for all of that change. Think of it as your payment for washing his clothes. When the piggy bank is full I roll all of the change and take it to the bank to cash it in. What my husband doesn’t know won’t hurt him. 🙂
2. Find a small basket for unmatched socks. The matches will eventually show up and you’ll have them within arms reach.
3. Place a trash can near or in the laundry room area for lint, trash, and dryer sheets.
4. Place all items in order of use from left to right. It makes it much easier, and quicker, to maneuver around your laundry room.
5. Keep a lint roller, fabric shaver, and a bleach pin in a small basket nearby.
Good luck and happy organizing.
Erin Sharplin Love