As a wedding coordinator, I am often asked to accompany my clients to meetings with their vendors. It is usually the meetings with the caterer that gets the comment “I never would have though to ask that!” So, here are my suggestions on what you should ask. I hope it helps.
1. Does your quote include tax and gratuity?
2. Do you provide all serving pieces and utensils?
3. Do you provide napkins, glasses, plates, etc.? If so, are they an extra cost?
4. Can you create a custom menu (if there is something not on the menu that you want)?
5. What are your hours of service included in the total cost? Is set-up and clean-up included?
6 Do you offer servers, bartendars, etc.? If so, what is the cost?
7. Can you prepare a “to-go” basket?
8 What time do you normally arrive for set-up?
9. Do you provide the tablecloths for the food tables?
10. Can you provide alcohol and bartendars? Cost?
11. Do you need or prefer a certain set-up?
12. Are any plug-ins needed?
13. Will you be preparing food on-site?
14. Can you provide an attendant to cut the cakes? If so, what is the extra cost?
These are most of the questions you will need for your wedding day or special occasion. If you think I’ve left something out, please let me know! I am always open to suggestions and thoughts!
Erin Sharplin Love