DID YOU KNOW?…
1. Surveys show that newlyweds spend most of their time in the living room.
2. Shoes attached to the newlywed’s getaway car represent a long marriage.
3. The most popular complaint from guests at a reception is that the music is too loud.
4. Sugared almonds are often placed out at the reception to represent the “sweetness and bitterness” of married life.
5. It was once considered bad luck for a bride to see herself in a mirror while wearing her wedding dress because some of her purity would be left in the reflection.
6. In the early years, farmers believed that the bride’s tears during the ceremony would bring rain for their crops.
7. The “dollar dance” originated in Poland. We call it the “money” dance.
8. A wedding cake symbolizes fertility and good luck.
9. The engagement ring is placed on the third finger of the left hand because it was originally believed that the finger was the only one with a vein running directly to the heart.
10. The ceremony ending with a kiss was derived from Rome where the kiss was the legal bond that sealed all contracts.
I thought you may enjoy these! 🙂
Erin Sharplin Love