Everyone needs more time in their day! Getting organized, in general, saves time, but there are ways to organize your life to make better use of your time.
Tips for Organizing Your Time
- Prioritizing is key! *Tip – Combine your personal and your business lists.
- Complete the most important tasks on your to-do list first.
- Prepare for the next day by picking out what you will wear.
- Create a timeline to keep yourself on target. This also lends itself to creating habits. (doing things at the same time everyday)
- Going through the mail and getting rid of all junk mail will save you time in the long run.
- Plan your meals a week at a time. This will save you time in the grocery store and at home!
- If you tend to “dawdle” make use of a timer to make sure you stay on track.
- Never wait! Use that time to make phone calls, read an article, etc.
- Create a space specifically for items you need right when you walk out the door (keys, wallet, briefcase, etc.)
- Know when to schedule appointments. For instance, cut down on wait time by making appointments first thing in the morning.
- Delegate when you can.
Remember – Procrastination breeds dread!
Erin Sharplin Love