As a Fashion and Image Consultant I often have clients who have way too much trendy jewelry and/or way too little mainstays in their jewelry box. So with that in mind, I came up with a list of jewelry items that every woman should have in her jewelry box:
- Diamond stud earrings (real or faux) – Diamond earrings are so classic that they look good with absolutely everything in your closet from your scrubs to your little black dress
- Medium sized silver and gold hoop earrings – “Medium-sized” is around 1 to 2 inches in diameter and they aren’t too large nor are they too small. They are the perfect size to be seen, but they will not be overbearing.
- A cocktail ring (real or faux) – A cocktail ring will add style to any of your dressier pieces. There is just something about a cocktail ring that oozes “panache!”
- Bold earrings – There is always an instant when there is no need for a necklace. In those cases it is a great idea to let your earrings do the talking.
- Two strands of pearls (long and short) – Pearls are appropriate for every situation from a wedding to a dinner date but some outfits call for the trendier long strand of pearls. This picture demonstrates how timeless pearls are! This is Hedy Lamarr, an actress from the 1930’s!
- A bracelet style watch – A bracelet style watch is much dressier than the typical leather strap watch and therefore can take you from the board room to the country club with ease.
- Bangles – I love bangles! Whether you wear one at a time or pile them on you will look instantly stylish!
- A trendy long necklace – Everyone needs a fun, long necklace in their jewelry box. As with the bangles, a long necklace will add instant style to an otherwise boring outfit. This outfit, for instance, wouldn’t look as stylish without this long necklace!
Well, now I guess it’s time for you to go shopping! Have fun!
Erin Sharplin Love